As far as crafting is concerned, I love doing all types of crafting projects but I have to admit I spend a majority of time making rag quilts. Last year I got the idea to do an online auction for a rag quilt to help out a friend. My friend is a former co-worker of mine and is battling stage IV breast cancer for the second time.
I announced the auction on facebook and asked several friends to share my status in hopes of generating interest. The auction started off slow with a few offers but in the end and at the last minute a wonderful woman made a bid of $200! This woman is a family friend of my husband who lost her young son to cancer so the bid is very bittersweet. My mother in law found out about her bid and added $50 to the total.
I informed our friend of her win and asked her what kind of rag quilt she wanted. She eventually chose a dinosaur theme for a new nephew. I found the cutest material and set out to make the rag quilt. I also tried a new technique of sewing quilt squares on top of quilt squares. I hope the technique is visible in the attached photograph.


No comments:
Post a Comment