Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lexie's Supergirl Quilt

This Supergirl Rag Quilt was made for the daughter of some dear friends of mine.  I originally met Lexie's father at work.  He was my sergeant on a couple of different shifts/assignments.  His wife decided I must be alright when I went above and beyond to save a cat and a kitten.  My sergeant and his wife are avid animal lovers who love both cats and dogs equally.  They also love comic books and superheroes as well.

So when my sergeant's wife had a beautiful baby girl named Lexie, I knew I wanted to make something for them.  My first attempt to make Lexie something was a newborn dress.  It was supposed to be so cute.  However, I don't really know how to sew so I ended up scrapping that idea after a few unsuccessful attempts.  One day I was shopping in the fabric store and ran across this incredibly cute Supergirl fabric.  Right then and there I knew I would make Lexie a rag quilt.  Lexie's mother told me that she absolutely loves this quilt and will not sleep without it.  I've offered to add more fabric to the quilt as Lexie grows but for now she's not willing to give it up!  Lexie is a precious girl~








No comments:

Post a Comment